More pages in this section
The Learning Enrichment Team at our College aims to:
- Work in consultation with parents and guardians, teachers and other key stakeholders to meet the unique needs of students
- Liaise with the School Guidance Officer and local specialists
- Implement programs or interventions and recommend strategies aimed at developing the individual learning needs of these students.
Learning enrichment at Good Shepherd Catholic College is based on a strong professional network of learning enrichment staff, classroom teachers, school officers and specialist staff to identify and support students who have diverse learning needs including:
- A difficulty whereby students need assistance in particular areas of the curriculum generally due to a specific concern in literacy or numeracy.
- Learning disability where the student's concerns are neurologically based and are long term.
- Access to learning is affected by verified disability (physical, intellectual, social/emotional, ASD).
- Those who have English as their second language and may require additional support to access the curriculum.
Address 124 Camooweal Street, Mount Isa QLD 4825
Phone (07) 4743 2509
Office Hours 8.00am - 3.30pm
The Good Shepherd Catholic College community acknowledges the Kalkadoon People, The Traditional owners of the land on which our college sits. We also acknowledge and pay respect to all Aboriginal and Torres strait islander elders, past, present and emerging.