More pages in this section
The first year of high school is very exciting but can also sometimes be a daunting experience. Our Year 7 Pastoral Care Program aims to provide students with the skill sets and support that they need to succeed.
The program provides many opportunities for students to engage in activities to build relationships with one another to create a cohesive Year 7 group; as well as giving students support across all areas of College life.
In Year 7, students are timetabled one Pastoral Care lesson per fortnight where the focus is on a range of activities to assist students in their transition into high school. These activities include:
- Team building and 'getting to know you' activities;
- Building resilience and how to cope with stress;
- Making friends and how to deal with friendship issues that may arise;
- Introduction to Cyber safety;
- Goal setting;
- Overview of the College Assessment Policy;
- Time management skills; and
- Study and organisational skills
In addition to fortnightly lessons, students are also involved in a number of organised events. These events include:
- First week of school induction program;
- Enlightened Education Program for Girls;
- Leadership and Goal Setting Workshops;
- Year 7 Retreat Day - Introduction to Spirituality, team building skills and building positive relationships.
The Pastoral Care Program is a valuable addition to our Curriculum to assist students in reaching their full potential.
Address Cnr Mary & Camooweal St, Mount Isa QLD
Phone (07) 4743 2509
Office Hours 8.00am - 3.30pm
The Good Shepherd Catholic College community acknowledges the Kalkadoon People, The Traditional owners of the land on which our college sits. We also acknowledge and pay respect to all Aboriginal and Torres strait islander elders, past, present and emerging.