Year 10 is an exciting year of preparation for senior college as well as for life.
The Pastoral Care program focuses on life and leadership skills which will include many career development experiences. Students will learn how to:
- communicate and interview effectively
- create curriculum vitaes and cover letters when applying for positions
- be a member of the workforce during work experience week
- follow the rules of etiquette and grooming
- budget – financial skills
- prepare learning pathways for senior such as the set plan and senior college interviews
- be leaders ready for year 11, 2014
The year also incorporates a number of events that help build solid and supportive relationships at the same time as having fun.
- National Day of Action Against Bullying Retreat
- Formal Dinner
- R U OK? Day
- Being Buddy Leaders Retreat
Other school pastoral care experiences will occur during the year where the students will have the opportunity to reflect on who they are and where they are heading in their lives. The program is designed to give students the best opportunity in a supportive environment to explore their options and set goals for their lives.