The Learning Enrichment Team at our College aims to:
- Work in consultation with parents and guardians, teachers and other key stakeholders to meet the unique needs of students
- Liaise with the School Guidance Officer and local specialists
- Implement programs or interventions and recommend strategies aimed at developing the individual learning needs of these students.
Learning enrichment at Good Shepherd Catholic College is based on a strong professional network of learning enrichment staff, classroom teachers, school officers and specialist staff to identify and support students who have diverse learning needs including:
- A difficulty whereby students need assistance in particular areas of the curriculum generally due to a specific concern in literacy or numeracy.
- Learning disability where the student's concerns are neurologically based and are long term.
- Access to learning is affected by verified disability (physical, intellectual, social/emotional, ASD).
- Gifted students whose needs may not be met by the general curriculum.
- Those who have English as their second language and may require additional support to access the curriculum.